Rasana Atreya is the author of Tell A Thousand Lies, which continues to be an Amazon US/UK bestseller in Eastern Fiction. This novel was shortlisted for the 2012 Tibor Jones South Asia award. UK’s Glam magazine calls this novel one of their five favourite tales from India (June 2014). Her other works are The Temple Is Not My Father (also available as an audiobook), 28 Years A Bachelor and Valley Isle Secrets (a Kindle Worlds novella based on Toby Neal’s Lei Crime Series).
Rasana declined a traditional publishing contract in order to self-publish. She has been interviewed on self-publishing by many major publications in India. The Media Coverage tab has a sampling of her interviews. She was also invited to New Delhi for Amazon’s India launch in February 2014.
In addition, Rasana is a digital marketer, content writer, journalist and ghostwriter.
Workshops and Panels
- Panelist, Navigating the Road to Self Publishing, Times Lit Fest. Dec 4, 2016 (with Neal Thompson, Director of Author and Publishing Relations, Amazon)
- Panelist, The Nuts and Bolts of Self-Publishing, PublishingNext. Sept 12, 2015 (with Kinjal Shah, CEO Crossword Bookstores)
- Workshop on self-publishing at the Writer’s Carnival, Our Sacred Space, Hyderabad. Jan 10, 2015
- Helped her children, Sunaad and Aamani Gurajada, launch the book they wrote and illustrated (including cover design) The Mosquito and the Teapot at the Hyderabad Lit Fest, Jan 24, 2015
- Workshop. The Art of Self Publishing at the Hyderabad Lit Fest, Jan 24, 2015.
- NaNoWriMo Workshop, IIIT Hyderabad, Oct 30th, 2014
- Panelist on publishing, Hyderabad Literary Festival Jan 20, 2013 (with Kulpreet Yadav)
- Panelist on publishing, Jaipur Literary Festival Jan 24, 2013 (with Meru Gokhale, Editor-in-Chief, Random House, UK; Alexandra Pringle, Editor-in-Chief Bloomsbury; Rick Simonson, Artemis Kirk)
- India Ambassador, The Alliance of Independent Authors
- Founder, The Indian Readathon This Readathon aims to connect readers with Indie books set in the Indian subcontinent. Readers may read books for free in exchange for reviews.
- The cover of The Temple Is Not My Father was awarded the coveted gold star by book designer Joel Frielander.